Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Review For You: Too Faced Chocolate Bar Review and Swatches

It's no secret to anyone that the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer is AMAZING!!!
It's such a nice matte bronzer and best of all, it smells like chocolate!!
Keeping with the chocolate "theme" Too Faced released a collection at the end of 2013 that will satisfy any chocoholics craving.
The highlight of this collection is the Chocolate Bar Eye Palette



Mouthwatering I know!


The Too Faced website says:
 The Chocolate Bar experience begins as soon as you open the palette and the smell of sweet chocolate envelops you. The eye shadows are pigmented with pure, antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and includes 16 matte and shimmer shades of natural browns, delicate pinks and luscious plums. Includes our signature how-to Glamour Guide with three looks to get you started. 
Opening the palette you really do get a yummy whiff of chocolate! 
A beautiful variety of mattes, shimmers, sparklys a good all-in-one don't really need any others, palette.
The packaging is what drew me into this palette. Despite the fact it smells like chocolate, it looks like it too!!! It's a chocolate bar shaped tin with a magnetic closure. I actually really like it and may like this kind of case over the Naked 3 palette's case.....don't quote me on that.....
Left to Right: Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple fudge
Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto
Hazelnut, Creme Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle


Even the names make me crave shweets!





One thing I really like about this palette is that there are two larger shades that can be used as browbone highlights! One matte and one shimmer.


Gilded Ganache: A warm dark chocolatey brown shade with flecks of gold glitter
White Chocolate: A creamy off white almost beigey (is that a word?) matte shade
Milk Chocolate: A matte lighter warm chocolate brown 
Black Forest Truffle: Dark burgundy brownish shade with silvery goldish glitter
Triple Fudge: A matte really deep dark chocolate brown
Salted Caramel: My fav shadow in this palette to use as a transition, it's a matte muted, brownish orange
Marzipan: A satiny almost metallic peach champagne
Semi-Sweet: A medium dark reddish matte brown
Strawberry Bon Bon: A cool toned pale matte medium pink
Candied Violet: A lilac purple shade with purpley pink glitter
Amaretto: A medium dark coppery brown with a satiny sheen
Hazelnut: A medium satin golden brown
Creme Brulee: One of my favorite shades in this palette it's a gorgeous satin almost metallic gold shade with warm undertones
Haute Chocolate: A medium dark satin brown
Cherry Cordial: I think this my be my least favorite shade, it's a medium dark slightly shimmery burgundy brown
Champagne Truffle: A pinky white satin shade with a slightly golden tinge

Overall I absolutely love this palette and I'm so glad i picked it up! My favorite shades are definitely the satin shades and salted caramel (it's just the perfect transition!) The matte shades are slightly choppy but nothing a little blending won't fix. My least favorite shade is Cherry Cordial which as you can tell from the swatch is really choppy and hard to blend. 
Another gripe I have is I wish the shade names were on the palette itself! There is a little clear plastic insert that lays on top of the shadows which have the names on it but since the names are so good it would be much better if they were printed underneath the shades. Other than that, this is definitely a palette that is, in my oh so humble opinion, a must have for any makeup junkie! So versatile and so yummy.....figuratively, no matter how much you are tempted, I do not advise anyone to eat this!! 

Here are a few looks I have done with the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Palette......

Tutorial on this look coming soon!

2 comments: